Art and Technology Blog Post 2

After watching Raul Cuero's interview and his opinions on creativity I thought back to my childhood and how I could apply the activities from my childhood that allowed me to enhance my creativity along with Cuero's opinions on what builds creativity in a person. I think a couple of the major ideas that I can easily incorporate in my day to day life are sharing more ideas and thoughts with people, observing the world as I know it with more purpose, and removing myself from entertainment so I have to create my own entertainment. I also think that I need to work on enjoying the process of creating more than the final product.

I believe that sharing my thoughts and ideas is very important in building a good idea and even in getting more excited and inspired to actually go through with the idea to make it a reality. I can apply this to my daily life just by talking to people about the things that I actually get inspired by and excited about and to really start conversations that go beyond small talk and gossip. I think the most difficult part of this creative habit is finding people that really want to not only listen to these ideas but also want to engage in them and offer feedback or even get inspired by the ideas too.

Observing the world with more of a purpose will be a little bit more difficult because I have to figure the purpose of my observing first. Sometimes it could be to just better understand how the world works, but other times it could be more specific than that in that something in particular could capture my attention and I want to understand why that is, such as why one art style inspires me while another doesn't and what makes the art style that does interest me so captivating and what can I learn not only about that style but about myself and my art style through that art.

Enjoying the process of creating will by far be the most difficult part of my incorporating creative habits in to my life because I always like to skip to the finished project in my head and how I imagine it, and not only in art or papers, but also in real life scenarios and the fact that I know it won't go or turn out exactly the way I imagined it makes me lose my motivation. In order for me to really apply this to my life I really need to work on letting go of always having a very exact idea of the final product and to just enjoy the moment and the process of turning an idea into reality, even if the end product is not exactly how I imagined how it would be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Performance Art

Final Video

Music