ASCII Art





After looking at several different styles of ASCII art, I found that I personally enjoy the higher detailed pieces. I'm a big fan of pixel art so ASCII art was very interesting to me and I like seeing the grid that forms in the more detailed pieces. The piece with Gandhi was really interesting to me because it wasn't just random letters and symbols used, it actually uses words from one of his speeches and just changes the colors of the letters to create his face. I thought that was a really creative take on this type of art.

I don't know if I would ever have the patience to use ASCII in this manner, but I do enjoy the end result. I would struggle to actually map out a grid and figure out what needs to go where since its not as fluid as using a pen or paintbrush. The amount of time it takes to plan it all out is what I think would be my downfall.

The creativity surrounding ASCII art to be able to create something out of symbols on a computer is really amazing. I think the most I could manage are the faces people make like ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  But those are used similarly to emojis and don't really carry ability to mean something more or require a lot time and effort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Performance Art

Art and Technology Blog Post 3

Music