Art and Technology Blog Post 4

After watching several excerpts of Broadway shows on Angel de Quinta's Stage Door Blog, I was able to appreciate Broadway more than ever. I am not that much of a fan of Broadway, I do like the movie adaptations like Chicago though. After looking through the blog I found that I generally like the very upbeat and high paced songs and that I just expect Broadway shows to be very high energy.

One of my favorites on the blog was Meet Me in St. Louis. I liked that one because it was upbeat and just generally happy, but it was also one of the only shows to maintain my attention because of the dancing. Everything was very dramatic and the movements were extravagant. I didn't really need to listen to the words because the music and the dancing kept me interested. The songs are really catchy too and they got stuck in my head after listening.

The other favorite of my from the blog was the West Coast cast of HAIR. I
 really enjoyed the movement throughout that one too. The use of moving so slowly to create the feeling of slow motion and to create the vibe of the use of drugs was really interesting, especially when the lead singer began and it all just sort of came together. Now that I'm writing this all out I think the element of Broadway that I appreciate most is the dancing and just movement of the actors in general, that's what really drives me to keep watching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Performance Art

Final Video

Music