Final Video




For the final video I decided to edit clips of mass shootings together and add audio from debates and interviews on top that slowly overlap to the point that you can't understand anything that's being said. I wanted to do this because I feel like society and news network politicize shootings to the point that the conversation gets lost and nothing will get done. The video reflects how I see every debate about gun reform go where they stop talking about the lives lost and instead focus just on the guns and what they would do with their guns and just forget that it isn't about them, it's about the lives being lost because the U.S. Government can't make a decision on how to solve the issue at hand. It becomes more of a debate about whether there is a gun issue or not. Which obviously there is an issue with guns in America. That's what the video clips I used show. The high number mass shootings in America is a product of the gun culture of America.

I didn't want to show what I think the solution to the mass shootings is and instead wanted to show the lack of action being taken because of everyone's opinions and that the lack of action is contributing to the problem. This is a very complex issue in America and I don't think there is a solution that everyone can get behind, but I also think that the people we hear discussing the issue the most aren't the most educated on the issue, I don't think we should be looking at news correspondents for an educated opinion on the subject. I don't really think we as a society really know who to listen to in order to form an educated opinion on the issue and this creates a sense of being overwhelmed by everyone else's opinions that we are forced to listen to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Performance Art

Art and Technology Blog Post 3

Music