Art and Technology Blog Post 1

To start off this blog post I suppose that I should tell you a little about me. My name is Keri and I grew up in the west suburbs of Chicago, but I've been traveling along the East Coast since the fourth grade. I'm a sophomore and I'll be turning 20 in February. My major is Digital Arts, but I am mainly interested in animation. I don't really do much actually, I take care of my dog, workout, and go to class, that's it. I really like the Winter Olympics and just winter sports in general. I don't really have a lot of hobbies I guess.

I first got into art when I was little and I would draw a lot and eventually got to use clay in my art classes in elementary school but I went through a phase of doubt if it was really worth it and spent most of high school without really knowing what I wanted to do for the rest of my life and that entire time for about 4 years, since I really didn't make an effort to draw from middle school till my junior year of high school, I probably doodled more than any other time in my life and when I realized that I was still drawing after all that time I decided to just go for it and major in art. I chose digital art because I prefer to do things on the computer and by chance after taking beginning 3D animation I found that I really enjoyed modeling and animation in maya, but in order to compete more efficiently for a job after I graduate I decided to minor in Graphic Design too.

I'm mainly taking this class because it's required, but I'm also planning on minoring in Graphic Design and after looking at the syllabus I think this class will teach me a lot about that industry and learning how to use blogger more efficiently for the future when I will most certainly have to use it. The performance video does make me a bit nervous because I don't like to be recorded but I figure this is just another hurdle to get through and once it's over I won't have to think about it again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Performance Art

Final Video

Music